There is indeed a second class bus of the SUR brand that passes regularly between Uxmal and Merida.
This bus is a second class bus of the SUR brand and stops at all the small villages on the way. You can leave your luggage in the trunk but you have to open it and get your luggage back yourself (please tell the driver that you are going to open it anyway, otherwise he might leave). Just wave and say “maleta”, he will understand
- Duration: 1 hour (it depends on the traffic and the stops made on the spot).
- Departures: 6h, 9h05, 10h40, 12h05, 14h, 15h30, 17h05 and 18h
- Price: 89 pesos
- Departure of the bus: from the TAME terminal in Mérida
You will be dropped off 10 minutes walk from the ruins of Uxmal. The ruins have lockers on site (about 40cmx40cm).
- To make the opposite way (Uxmal – Merida), schedules are available here.
- If you want to go to Campeche after Uxmal, you can check the second class bus timetable here
If you have time, it is recommended to sleep in Uxmal to enjoy its sound and light show at 7pm and visit the ruins early in the morning to avoid the heat. In this area there are only luxury hotels. We recommend the Hacienda Uxmal Hotel, with its vintage style, where the Queen of England and Jackie Kennedy, among others, stayed, close to the bus stop … For 100€/night (Booking link)
In Mérida, we recommend the hotel Gamma Mérida 45€ (link Booking), in the city center. The service is impeccable, there is a spa just across the street and a very famous Mexican restaurant just around the corner.
Did you like this article? Find other second class bus schedules, our travel diaries & our 17-day itinerary in Mexico by clicking here